L.A.S MEDIA HOUSE

Saturday 9 August 2014

Finally USA Ebola patient Dr. Kent Brantly speaks out - read his statement

Dr. Kent Brantly, one of the two US doctors who contracted
the Ebola virus in Liberia, has spoken out for the first time. He
released a statement from his isolation room at Emory
University in Atlanta where he's being treated after he was
flown out of Liberia last week. He is the first Ebola patient
that the drug ZMapp was used on. Below is the statement Dr
Brantly released to the media yesterday...
"I am writing this update from my isolation room at
Emory University Hospital, where the doctors and nurses
are providing the very best care possible. I am growing
stronger every day, and I thank God for His mercy as I
have wrestled with this terrible disease. I also want to
extend my deep and sincere thanks to all of you who
have been praying for my recovery as well as for Nancy
and for the people of Liberia and West Africa.
"My wife Amber and I, along with our two children, did
not move to Liberia for the specific purpose of fighting
Ebola. We went to Liberia because we believe God
called us to serve Him at ELWA Hospital." Continue...
"One thing I have learned is that following God often
leads us to unexpected places. When Ebola spread into
Liberia, my usual hospital work turned more and more
toward treating the increasing number of Ebola patients.
I held the hands of countless individuals as this terrible
disease took their lives away from them. I witnessed the
horror first-hand, and I can still remember every face and
name.
"When I started feeling ill on that Wednesday morning, I
immediately isolated myself until the test confirmed my
diagnosis three days later. When the result was positive,
I remember a deep sense of peace that was beyond all
understanding. God was reminding me of what He had
taught me years ago, that He will give me everything I
need to be faithful to Him.
"Now it is two weeks later, and I am in a totally different
setting. My focus, however, remains the same - to follow
God. As you continue to pray for Nancy and me, yes,
please pray for our recovery. More importantly, pray that
we would be faithful to God's call on our lives in these
new circumstances."

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment